Sunday, June 26, 2005

An ode to the summer

What a man (yep also a woman) might think of the summer and what a mountain might "think"(?) of the summer.

Ode from a man:

O, Summer; why are you here?
Did I hate the coldest of the cold winter,
Just to welcome thee?

You cause my skin to burn,
Snow on the pleasant mountains to melt.
You make the water in the lakes and wells to disappear.
You also cause the leaves to dry.
Seeing the vast destruction you create makes me cry.

O Summer, why can't you be a little cooler atleast?



Ode from the mountain:

O Summer, Don't listen to the man that spoke,
For he will crib come you or winter.

Your warmth has caused the snow on me to melt,
Curing the cold I had for a long.
You only cause the clouds to cry,
just
to cool me and my friends for a while.

I need you and winter in tandem,
To appreciate you for what she(winter) is not,
and to appreciate her for what you are not.

Summer, dont feel bad by the man's words,
For he is a crazy animal.
He wants it cold when it is hot,
and wants it hot when it is cold.

I do welcome thee,
with all joy and glee.
I love your warmth, radiance and shine.
I choose to embrace you for what you are.

- Phoenix

6 Comment:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

very nice !!!

Tx for dropping by !

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Ansh,
Thanks, your poem was cool !

Phantom,
Thanks...

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Monicaatje said...

Congrats mister Phoenix :)
(hope u didn't get offended by my question... :P).
I very much liked it, especially the ode from the mountain... it gave me an idea of wisdom.
Keep'em comin'! ;)

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Pal said...

Awesome post Phoenix. I knew that you are good at computers but never knew you were this good at poems. Very impressive.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Mon
Nope I didnto get offended... and i am glad you liked it...

Kovai
Sociologist uh? Maybe I should have..But a binary decision that I took (Medicine Vs Engg) has taken me where I am ;)!!

Pal
Thanks, I am glad you liked it.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Suguna said...

that was agood one. Cool poem. Man wants cold when its hot and hot when its cold- how true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home